Yes, it did take me a long time to list ten inspiring books. There are too many in the list. Besides, I have read quite a lot of books in my life for which it is hard for me to decide which is best or which are the best ones. Yet, I have tried to list 10 really good books. I would love to thank Mia(Sub soare) for this brilliant idea!
1) The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.
(This is a book about courage and about living life to the fullest. )
2) Dream New Dreams, written by Jai Pausch after her husband’s death.
(You must read this after you have read the previous one.)
3) Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom.
(The best lessons a teacher can impart!)
4) The Courage to Heal by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis.
(This one has innumerable stories of courage and hope and of survival. Every single piece is original and beautiful!)
5) City of Joy by Dominique Lapierre.
(A story that defines what joy truly is.)
6) The Good Earth by Pearls S. Buck.
(Indeed, as the title suggests! You must read this if you haven’t.)
7) The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen.
(The importance and beauty of family is best defined in this wonderful book.)
8) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.
(A book I could read a hundred times and never feel bored!)
Then there are two others which inspired me much in my childhood days-
9) The Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle.
( Well, I was quite fascinated by the idea of robbing the stinking rich to serve the poor!)
10) The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank.
(This one was my favourite always. Perhaps, I can still relate to the way she thought and the things she believed in!)
So, here is my list. I hope that inspires you to read too (in case you haven’t). I hope you read and feel inspired. Happy Reading 🙂